Support for older and disabled people

There are a number of organisations that provide assistance for older and disabled people.

The Neighbourhood Support Service is a confidential service giving advice and assistance to enable older or disabled people to maintain their home and to continue to live independently in the community.  This is short term support funded by Wolverhampton City Council and so is free to clients

It is open to people over 60, or disabled people of any age.

Neighbourhood Support Officers provide advice and sign post people to a range of services including

  • housing
  • adaptations
  • finance
  • staying safe
  • help with form filling
  • domestic tasks
  • care
  • health
  • social activities
  • support in a crisis

Whilst the Neighbourhood Support Service is free there may be a charge made by some services to which you are referred.

If you want to know more contact the Neighbourhood Support Service at 174, Chervil Rise, Heath Town, Wolverhampton, WV10 0HP or

Telephone 01902 554701, fax 01902 552587

or email

One voice is an organisation run by disabled people offering help, advice and support to other disabled people as well as offering information, training, consultation and partnership working to other organisations on issues to do with disabled citizens' lives.  Go to

Age UK is a registered charity that provides support for older people.  It combines the operations of what was previously known as Age Concern and Help the Aged.

For information visit

Related Information:

Return to Advice