Service Standards

The regulator of social housing is the independent regulator for registered social landlords (Housing Associations and Local Authorities).  It is sponsored by the MInistry of Housing, Communities and Local Government. 

It makes sure:

- social housing providers are well managed and financially stable.

- that they provide quality accommodation,

- that tenants have choice and protection, and can hold their landlords to account.

It sets regulatory standards but can only take action against a landlord where there is widespread failure breaching those standards.

It is not there to deal with individual complaints.  These can be refered to the housing Ombudsman.


Return to Advice